'Aros nan Aisling' - Dwelling of Dreams
Completed in 2013, this luxury holiday home is based on a traditional Hebridean longhouse, however modern architectural design has enabled the most to be made of the views, light and interior.
Sleeping 8 (+ baby), the property has stunning panoramas of the Hebridean islands across the sea, Skye and the mountains of the mainland, and all bedrooms have ocean views. Out the back, you'll see the majestic mountains of Assynt.
There is a large fenced garden which incorporates the ruins of a bygone age. The garden is being allowed to regenerate to the natural fauna and flora of the area.
- Sleeps 8 + baby: 1 en suite double bedroom, 1 double bedroom with travel cot, 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom.
- 1 bathroom, 2 shower rooms
- Utility room with freezer, washing machine, dryer
- Spacious living area with sea views, including TV/DVD, games, music, DVDs
- Fully fitted open plan kitchen inc. dishwasher
- Dining area with sea views
- Bespoke ash spiral staircase to upstairs gallery
- Upstairs gallery, snug or office
View images of inside the house
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Free WIFI
- Underfloor heating and wood-burning fire
- Electricity included
- Remote yet close to local fishing village and ammenieties
- Aims to be disabled/wheelchair friendly
- Log-burning fire (wood included) + underfloor heating
- Starter hamper available on request (at additional cost)
- Large fenced natural garden
Roaming free ,exploring, climbing, fishing, photography, fossil hunting, cycling, touring, mountain & rock climbing, birding, canoeing ,the beach, the rockpools, a wide range of habitats and fauna and flora, sunrises, sunsets, stargazing and the time to ‘ stop & stare’.
View images of outside and the surrounding area
Things to do:
- The Rock Route
- Craft/ farmers markets
- Ceiladhs & other cultural events
- Guided walks
- Assynt Higland games
- Quarterly cinema on a lorry
- Art galleries,pottery, craft shops, handmade soaps and candles
- Restaurants selling local food & homemade baking
- Local fish & chips. Refreshment vans in Lochinver and at Stoer Lighthouse
- Church services
- Tourist Information Centre
- Bike Hire
- Canoeing. Tuition available
- Deer stalking
- Trout, salmon and sea fishing.
- Fly fishing tuition
Transport and travel
- Inverness Airport with car hire 2 1/2 hours drive away
- Bus Service from Inverness to Lochinver via Ullapool
- Train service to Lairg
- Taxi service available in Lochinver
- Ferry connections to/from Stornoway on Lewis at Ullapool, an hours drive away